Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Puzzling!

For all my love of perennial gardening, I’m really no expert in what I’m doing right... or wrong!











When I look at the budding yellow hellebores in the side garden bed ... open to strong west winds...

The leaves were plenteous and green. Several  bunches of buds developed. But, a few days later, none of them have bloomed. Now some of the leaves have turned brittle and brown.

Is the plant dying? What is happening here?!

At the same time, I had given up on the white hellebore n my front garden bed. When the snow melted, I could only see two leaves... in the shelter of this larger plant.

Had the roots been squeezed by the larger plant...? Was the plant slowly choking in too little space?



Surprise! This is the plant that has produced flowers... two white blooms - and, that white speck in between them, is another flower almost ready to open!

I really don’t know what’s going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment