Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Meditative Knitting?

A friend recently introduced me to a book entitled Contemplative Knitting...











I’ve started to read it.

I’m not sure what contemplative knitting really means. Hopefully I’ll find out as I progress through the book.

I often knit when I’m by myself... quietly sitting in a favourite chair in the evening. 

I usually bring along knitting when I’m travelling by plane or train. I don’t feel I’m wasting my time if I’m knitting. My mind is active... Does that mean I’m contemplating?

In the introduction to the book, the author, Julie Cicora, mentions that doctors have explored how knitting and other artistic endeavours contribute to well-being and happiness. 

Knitting complimented “ medical treatments and helped decrease stress levels and symptoms of depression. Knitting was even found to delay memory loss and slow the onset of Alzheimer’s.”

Lots of good reasons to keep doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment