Thursday, April 1, 2021

Hellebore in Bloom!


A few years ago I planted several plants called hellebores, after a neighbor told me that the flowers bloom as soon as the snow disappears. I had never heard of hellebores before!

I love early spring flowers, so I bought several plants, then added a few more. They never did all that well in my garden with our pine trees all around making the soil acidic.











I moved them around several times, transplanting them in different parts of the yard.

This spring, I noticed that several of the plants in my west-facing side yard emerged from the snow with lovely green leaves...











One even had several buds that looked ready to bloom - though they haven’t bloomed yet...

I didn’t hold out much hope for the one planted in my front flower bed. It barely had any leaves... 











So I was shocked yesterday to see it had flowered!! This is my first flower of spring 2021!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment