Friday, December 20, 2019

Volunteering in Retirement

Before I retired, I thought I might like to volunteer at the library second hand book store. That way I could keep an eye on their used book selection...

But when I inquired, I was told that a six-month commitment was needed... 

But I like to travel and go away from time to time. I can't plan ahead for six months... 
So I didn't sign up...

Terry, a retired social worker, loves to volunteer... He attends local community meetings where he's been able to find occasional volunteer opportunities - like this Christmas breakfast put on by our community association at a local school.

After serving the staff and students, the volunteers had breakfast, too.









I'm glad he's found volunteering opportunities that meet his interests, no long-term commitment required.

No comments:

Post a Comment