Tuesday, December 31, 2019

It's Been a Great Year!

For our family - and for me in particular - 2019 was a great year...

The biggest blessing was the safe arrival of our grandson - whom Terry was finally able to hold at Christmas. When he first saw the baby in November, Terry had a cold, so he didn't come too close.

The two trips I took -  to Maui and to the Grand Canyon - were real gifts! How often do we get to travel with grown-up children and their families?!

Glad I discovered that a medication I was on for diabetes was causing debilitating side effects. My legs were losing strength and my joints were stiff. I wondered if my walking days were over.

An online search for side effects of the medication informed me that a few people do develop stiffness after taking it for a while. It was a rare but documented side effect. I've been off it since mid-October, and am walking much more easily again.

I'm looking forward to a year that sounds like perfect vision: 20/20!

Hopefully it too will be a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment