Saturday, December 21, 2019

Do I Need a Hearing Aid?!

A few weeks ago, I had a hearing test - not because I felt I was hard of hearing, but because Terry had had one. He had been told (much to my surprise!) that his hearing was perfect... Mine must be perfect, too!

You have mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears, the audio technician told me. It's good to get a hearing aid before the loss is too great. Otherwise, the brain adjusts to the loss and it's harder to correct.

You could try a hearing aid for two weeks and see if you feel it makes a difference...

I was very surprised - and a little disappointed... I really can't believe that his hearing is better than mine - even though, sometimes at night, he does hear sounds that I don't hear.

So I'm going to try it for this two-week trial period and see if it does make a difference.

But I still can't believe that his hearing is better than mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment