Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Shopping at Canada’s First L.L. Bean Store

Like Marge Simpson, the TV cartoon mom in "the Simpsons," I wear the same style of clothing most of  the time. If I find a garment I like, I buy it in several colours to mix it up a bit.

In my teaching days, I purchase clothing from a Toronto retailer who sold skirts with large pockets, perfect for holding keys, pens, and chalk.

Since retiring, my clothing "style" has changed. Now I often buy cozy fleece tops - and coats - online from L.L. Bean, a store in the USA.

The main problem with online shopping is that you can't try on a garment before buying it.

So I was thrilled to learn that the company recently opened its first Canadian store in the Toronto area. Now I can actually try things on before deciding whether or not to purchase them.

The selection isn’t as large as the online catalogue, needless to say... But on my first trip to the store I found two soft fleece shirts I know will be perfect for cooler weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment