Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Trees

When I was a child, our family would drive out into the country to look for our Christmas tree. There were no tree farms back in those days. We usually found ours growing wild in a country ditch. My parents even had some clip-on decorations with real candles... Were we less worried about fires in those days?!

Over the years, we've come a long way in Christmas trees!

For the minimalist, there are "Charlie Brown Christmas trees," like this one I recently saw at a restaurant in Guelph.

A perfect tree for cats! No climbing possibilities - but still a decoration to play with!

Then, at my son's home, there was a "high tech" Christmas tree - with built in lights which can be changed from white to colored, flashing or not, via remote control...

I confess it has some appeal for me! But I think we'll be sticking with our "traditional" artificial tree - one we've had since our kids were young!

The tree - and the decorations - bring back lots of memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment