Saturday, December 14, 2019

Chocolate Cherry Bread

One of the most interesting foods I've tasted lately was a loaf of chocolate cherry bread that I bought at a bakery/cafe in Dundas, Ontario (now a part of Hamilton)...

My daughter had heard good things about the Detour Cafe... Looking them up online, for this link, I see that they also roast their own coffee beans, which they sell online.

Waiting for a table to open up, I stood near a rack of fresh baked goods - and noticed a round loaf of dark brown yeast bread - chocolate cherry bread.





We bought a loaf - it was delicious! It tasted much like raisin bread - but, to a chocolate-lover like me, much better... Not too sweet - though I think I detected a few chocolate chips, which were a nice touch.

My next baking goal is to find a recipe and try to make some.

No comments:

Post a Comment