Sunday, June 23, 2019

You're More Important Than You Think...

I go to a gym several times a week, where I spend 10 minutes doing exercises on resistance machines - to stay strong. Following this, I reward myself with a 7 minute hydro-massage on yet another machine!

It sounds simple - and it is.

But it does the trick... And I don't get the back aches I used to get before I started exercising.

When I walk into the gym, there is a sign on the wall opposite the entrance.

I often read bits of it - and I'm struck by the truth of the thought that..."our planet wouldn't be the same without you."

It sounds a little trite, but it isn't!

Most of us don't think we're all that important... Every day we cross paths with dozens, if not hundreds, of strangers we don't know. We probably don't consider them to be all that important... They're just ordinary people... like us...

I'm glad people are all different, Terry often comments. I'm glad someone can do all the jobs that I can't do...

I agree! I'm thankful for pilots who have learned to fly planes that take me places I couldn't go otherwise.

I'm thankful for people who aren't afraid to walk on ice - like the young man in Montreal, who stopped his car and came to my aid when, in freezing rain, I slipped and fell. He then retrieved my suitcase, which had slid away on the ice. I'm not sure how I'd have got it without his help.

I'm thankful for all the people who stock shelves in grocery stores - often at night - so that in the morning, I can quickly find and buy the food I need.

I'm thankful for the truck drivers who haul gas to the gas pumps I use...

I'm thankful for the millions of parents, grandparents, teachers and mentors who are helping raise the next generation of caring citizens...

For the gardeners that create beautiful public spaces...

The list could go on and on!

The point is that we all play an important role in our world and in the lives of those we meet.

And I'm thankful for the purple poster on the wall of my gym - that reminds me to be thankful for everyone I come in contact with every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment