Wednesday, June 26, 2019

One Year Later...

A year ago today, I had laparoscopic surgery for a hysterectomy. Later, I returned to the same hospital for an appointment at the cancer center.

My hysterectomy had shown cancer in one polyp - about a centimeter in size.

The good news was that the cancer hadn't spread and the polyp was removed. But because it was cancerous, I need to be monitored every six months for several years.

(At times like this, I'm glad to be living in a city with excellent hospitals... I won't have far to drive.)

On another note, it was interesting for me to see that every doctor who treated me for this problem was a woman. Even the two med students assisting the female surgeon were young women... That wouldn't have been the case a few years back.

And everyone who helped me - male or female - in any capacity, was extremely, extremely kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment