Saturday, June 15, 2019

Flowers, Indoors and Out...

These days, I'm doubly blessed with flowers indoors and out!

Not only are some outdoor flowers blooming - most notably the tall purple irises...











I have a few plants blooming indoors as well.












Two colors of African violets that I've had for a dozen years or more...

















An orchid I bought several years ago...

















Next to it, a peace lily that I recently purchased - after discovering what a good air purifier it is. It now has half a dozen pointy white buds that will hopefully blossom.















One has already bloomed.

Not sure what I'll do if I run out of window space for all these light-loving plants! They do best next to a bright window - facing west or north - rather than in direct sunlight. 

Like most houses, ours only has a few windows like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment