Friday, August 24, 2018

Reflections on Neighborhood Seagulls

I don't know why our neighborhood has seagulls - but we do, though there is no sea - or river - nearby. They live in the college parking lot.

They were here when my children were young. We'd often take walks through this area. Sometimes I'd suggest the children run after them and watch them fly away...

I think about that whenever I see the gulls, strutting around, or sleeping.

How many generations have lived in this parking lot since that time? I also wonder: Where are their nests? (On the top of light standards?)


 One of the beautiful mysteries of nature, to me, is the fact that - although birds live in nature for a certain number of years... (not sure how many...) Then they die - yet we never see dead birds lying around (unless they have been killed by cars...)

Unlike humans, nature is very tidy...

(Did you notice the Tim Horton's coffee cup lying on the ground...?!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment