Monday, August 6, 2018

Putting the Pieces Together

My first knitting project of the summer is finally finished!

In June, I gathered together a number of knitting and mending projects I wanted to complete.

It has been a summer of sitting around, after surgery.

I find it more interesting to knit or mend while listening to an audio-book on CD.




This blanket is an Elizabeth Zimmermann pattern - knit in in four "puzzle" pieces.











I made one a few years ago. It's extremely popular in winter for anyone lying on the sofa watching TV. It seems to be a popular size and weight. I think knitting in garter stitch helps it mold to the body, making it more comfortable than some other stitches.












Has it stretched over the years...?
















I crocheted a border around my new one to make it a bit bigger...










It'll probably stretch over time, as well...












I hope it's used and enjoyed as much as the other one is!

Now on to my next project - sleeves for a sweater I started a year or so ago...

It's always satisfying to see unfinished projects finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment