Saturday, August 25, 2018

Memories of New Orleans

Going through boxes of photos recently, I came across an envelope of art prints:

Pen and ink sketches depicting the old quarter of New Orleans...
















I remember buying them from the friendly woman who sketched and sold them.













I remember regretting that I couldn't afford one of her framed originals.

I wonder if she's famous...

I googled her name.









For many years, she had been an "institution" in the old city of New Orleans - it appears. She was fondly remembered by many - but has since died.

I wonder if the memory of my purchasing them is what led one of my sons, years later, to buy this pen and ink print of the Bridge of Sorrows in Venice, Italy.

Local art - as well as photos: interesting ways of capturing the flavor of passing scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment