Friday, July 14, 2017

Summer Reading

Since retiring, I've been borrowing more books from the public library, trying not to add to my personal collection - unless absolutely necessary! In my working days, I would rarely finish a book in three weeks and constantly ended up paying late fees.

Recently not one, but four (!) library books I had on hold were available for pickup. Summer doesn't allow all that much time for reading, but I did manage to read several chapters of all three of them before they all had to be returned. They couldn't be renewed as there was a long queue of others waiting to read them.

I quickly skimmed through the fourth book, "An Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques." Then I ordered it from Amazon! An amazing knitting resource! Definitely a MUST-HAVE!



When fall comes, I plan to put the three unfinished books on hold again.

In particular, I want to read this one: "An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth," written by Canadian astronaut Chris Hatfield. The two chapters I did finish show how much dedication an aspiring astronaut needs to have to reach his or her goal.

An interesting 21st century biography!

No comments:

Post a Comment