Thursday, July 27, 2017

Summer Quilting

Now that summer's here, there are days when it's too hot (or too mosquito-y) for gardening. Days like that are perfect for indoor creativity - like quilting.

After organizing my sewing space (see yesterday's blog) I started rummaging around my black and white fabric bin to begin a "Bento Box" quilt. To my surprise, I discovered a quilt top I had begun back in 2014 (according to an old blog post)... I think I put it away after being vaguely dissatisfied with the way it looked. I also didn't know how big to make it.

Time to finish it, whether I totally like it or not. Several rows of blocks weren't sewn on.

I added one row of blocks to the front and used another row on the back of the quilt. With that extra design on the back, the quilt now looks reversible.

I machine quilted it in one direction... Decided not to add an additional border...

Now voila! It's done!

I really like it now! It's more "cheerful" than I expected.

With that completed, I plans to get back to the Bento Box quilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment