Sunday, July 23, 2017

PRAY FOR RAIN!!

Canada is a wonderful place to live - peaceful and free. There isn't much here that disturbs our peace. But Canada does have lots of forested land... and when the weather is dry for prolonged periods of time, there are forest fires.

This summer has been very dry in the west. A few weeks ago, dozens of wildfires began to sweep across British Columbia. Last I heard, over 3,000 fire fighters were trying to put out the flames. In some potentially dangerous places, whole towns have had to be evacuated.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to pack up clothes, together with a few valuables, lock your home - and drive away, not knowing when you'll return. This must be one of the hardest things anyone ever has to do.

One of my childhood friends lives in a community where 20,000 have had to do just that - pack up and drive away from the smoke and flames.

Thanks to the internet, we are in touch. I'm happy to know that she is fine... camped out in a friend's back yard in a city three hours from her home.

I'm fine - I am blessed with supportive friends, she messages me. But please PRAY FOR RAIN!

Thinking of the more than 40,000 throughout the province who have had to leave their homes because of the fires, I share her request...

No comments:

Post a Comment