Friday, July 21, 2017

3000 Blog Posts!

Yesterday my blog reached a milestone... My 3,000th blog post!

When I posted my first blog in early 2009, I had no idea, I'd still be doing it 8 years later. In 2010, I decided to try posting daily. Would I have enough to write about? Would more people read it if I posted daily? I didn't know. But here I am, all those years later, still doing it.

Posting daily has been a challenge. I usually try to get ahead of the game by posting at least a week in advance. It's less stressful that way.  So I usually pre-date my posts. But it has been satisfying, too - especially when I receive emails from strangers who read it.

The blog site keeps track of how many people read or access the blog every day. When I check the stats, I find it interesting that my five most-read posts are not necessarily my most recent ones. In fact, they come from different years. Here are my all-time most accessed posts. If you're interested in reading the post, just tap or click on the title.

#1 Thanks to a photo of one of my quilts on Pinterest, a 2013 blog post entitled "Blue Lover's Knot Quilt... Done!" is accessed almost daily. It currently has more than 4,610 "hits."











#2 Second is a 2011 post entitled "What to to with Indoor Trees?" It has had 2,010 "hits."

#3 Third is a personal family story I posted in 2010, entitled "Memories." It has had 1,830 "hits."

#4 Numbers 4 and 5 both date back to 2011. A recipe post for "Peach Cobbler Plus" has been accessed 945 times.

#5 Number 5, a blog post about my African violets, has had 830 views.

My original idea was to share our family's "typically Canadian" stories. Over time, it has evolved into a diary of travels, gardening and crafts. It's a way for family and friends to see what Terry and I are up to. I've even heard from a few people I don't personally know, who read my blog, as well.

Blogging has become one of my most satisfying hobbies. At this point, I have no plans to stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment