Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Getting Ready to Quilt

A few weeks ago, I decided to organize my sewing room. For a few years now it has been used mainly for storing sewing supplies and yarn - which takes up a lot of space. A comment by my daughter swung me into action... (This room makes you look like a hoarder!!)

I had to agree. No sooner had she left for Toronto, I decided to get organized! I put half a dozen bags of yarn into a cedar chest to get it out of sight. That opened up a lot of space.
.
The room still isn't perfect, but I now have a sewing and (small!) cutting area on the table...







Much of my fabric is sorted by color in plastic bins.

My goal now is to make some quilts - without buying additional fabric. Hopefully each quilt will reduce the number of fabric bins.

(It may take a while for me to notice a difference... I have a few more bins of fabric stored in the basement, ready to move up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment