Friday, July 7, 2017

Picking Strawberries

There are several places where you can pick your own strawberries in our neck of the woods - Ottawa West. During strawberry season, Terry and I go there once or twice a week to buy a basket that someone else has picked...

Remember when we used to take the kids strawberry picking? I remind him nostalgically. That was a long time ago!











Maybe we should pick some ourselves, Terry recently replied... So we did!
















Bending down for long periods of time isn't as easy as it used to be, but it didn't take long to fill two baskets.

If we decide to go again, I'm definitely taking along my little gardening stool with wheels. It's such a handy thing for weeding... or bending down anywhere.

And next time, I'll take a hat... I forgot that, too! Open fields are so much hotter and sunnier than shady back yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment