Thursday, July 6, 2017

New Purple Flowers

It's been a season of pink and purple flowers...

Peonies followed the irises...

Here and there in the front garden bed, amid the weeds, are bunches of low-lying lamium...












In the back yard, Persian corn flowers have returned, although I ruthlessly root them out every summer...










The purple clematis is putting on a beautiful show.


These purple salvia spikes are doing well in the front yard near the red knautia..











;
Amid all the plants that have done so well in our abundant rain, I suddenly see this new purple flower growing on blades that resemble grass...

I don't remember seeing this flower in the garden before...

Is it a weed? Or perhaps a wild flower that I planted several years ago?

I'll have to ask my neighbor. Rob - whose knowledge of flowers far surpasses mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment