Monday, December 19, 2016

What to Do With My Mother's Crafts?!

One of my winter goals is to try to get rid of things we no longer need.

I recently opened up my mother's old trunk in our basement. The last time I opened it up, the strong moth ball smell made me quickly close it again! In the meantime, I totally forgot what was in it.








Inside I found some yarn and a few pieces of crochet and needlework.











I pulled out the yarn to let it air. It could be useful for some future project...

Elsewhere I came across an old, well-worn quilt of my mothers. What to do with it? It was torn but had carded wool batting.







My cousin Rhonda, who also makes quilts with wool batting, was happy to take the quilt apart and harvest the wool.

A child of the depression years, my mother would have been delighted to see her things used... and re-used!

No comments:

Post a Comment