Thursday, December 15, 2016

Baked Canaloupe

I recently had more cantaloupe than I could eat before it went bad, so I did an online search to see if cantaloupe could be cooked or roasted. It was starting to get watery...

I came across this recipe for roasting it...

The recipe suggested adding sugar if the cantaloupe wasn't sweet enough. Mine was sweet, so I didn't bother.








I just put my cantaloupe chunks into aluminum foil pie plates. (I accumulate a lot of those, and re-use them. I don't mind if food burns on and the pie plate won't come clean. In that case, I simply recycle it.)

All I did was preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spread the chunks out in several aluminum pie plats. I baked them for 20 minutes.



They were really good! I refrigerated them, using them up by adding them to plain greek yogurt.

And the pie plates washed up easily... I didn't have to recycle a single one!

No comments:

Post a Comment