Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Another Knit Vest

After completing my last knitting project - the green vest knit from the top down pictured here - I had several extra balls of yarn left over.

It was my first attempt at knitting a sweater starting at the neck rather than the waist, and I enjoyed the challenge. I decided to modify the pattern and make another top-down vest, this time a pullover with no button opening in front.

(Interestingly, I had also recently read that creativity improved a person's mood. so I welcomed getting back to knitting!)

I had just finished knitting from the top neck edge down to the end of the short sleeve when I realized that I would soon need more yarn to finish the project.

To buy yarn of a contrasting color? Or to check in my stash to see if something I already had might just work?

I went upstairs to check...

That's where I discovered the large ball of variegated yarn (on the right), approximately the same thickness as the green I had been using (on the left), only a little softer. The blues found in both are similar - so I thought that the two yarns could probably blend.







After snipping the yarn from the original project I started several years ago (a scarf) , I began to alternate the colors, one row green, the next blue.









The result is an interesting variegated mix.

(I only hope that in the end, I'll have enough yarn to finish the project!)

No comments:

Post a Comment