Friday, December 23, 2016

Knitter's Tree Ornament

An interesting tree ornament recently caught my eye on Pinterest...

(Not that I need another pre-Christmas project...!!)















Impulsively I headed down to my nearest craft store and bought the last two clear plastic tree ornament balls they had in stock.









I pulled out some thin sock yarn and my finest knitting needles... and tried to replicate the design.















It was harder than I thought! First, I made the knitting too wide, I think, for the toothpick knitting needles (12 stitches)...








 
I redid it with 9 stitches but only knit for about an inch. It should have been longer to fill the ball.










Never mind! That will have to do for this year! Next year, I may try it again!

And if I see any more clear plastic Christmas tree balls, I think I'll pick them up!

(That's how a crafting stash grows!!)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Dollar Tree has or had some clear ornaments, but the plastic will dent with a little pressure. I'm sure the ornaments are sturdier from the craft store.

    ReplyDelete