Sunday, August 2, 2015

Words to Live By?

I recently came across a quote that made me stop and think:

Live your life and forget your age.

It comes from this little book of encouraging quotes by Norman Vincent Peale (author of the Power of Positive Thinking).

It struck a chord with me, as I do often find myself thinking: I could do that if I were younger...

(How would I live differently if I "forgot" my age...?)

As I perused the introduction, I was interested to see that quotes he had memorized had a profound influence on Dr. Peale throughout his life. Here are a few he mentions:

"He that can have patience can have what he will." (Benjamin Franklin)

"Every noble work is at first impossible." (Thomas Carlyle)

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

"We must dare, and dare again, and go on daring." (Georges-Jacques Danton)

I really like the one about enthusiasm. We don't talk much about the importance of enthusiasm these days, but it is a trait confident people exude.

No comments:

Post a Comment