Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Reversible Quilt #2 Done!

About five years ago, I made a reversible quilt-as-you-go quilt - after seeing one my cousin Maria had made. I finished it in February 2011.

I've just finished another using the same method - and lots of scraps I had lying around! (The pattern can be found on the Quilting Works website here - though this time, I made the squares larger.)

Putting it together, I was trying to make it look like "flying geese," a pattern I like. But a non-quilter in the family suggested it looked more like two rows of tents... (Did it evoke memories of boy scout days?!)


The other side, made with lots of remnants from a shirt factory - fabric given to me by a neighbor - has a light summer feel.

I'm happy with the way the quilt turned out. I'm especially glad I was able to finish it so quickly!

One of my goals in quilting these days is to finish what I start! Another is to use up fabric that I have! With this quilt, I succeeded in both counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment