Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Basket Weave Crochet

I first learned to crochet in my teens, when crafts like knitting and weaving were making a comeback. Over the years, I have crocheted a lot of items, mostly afghans and hats. Once, as a poor student, I bought some cheap synthetic yarn and crocheted a dress to wear to a new year's eve party!

(I remember someone asking: Where's the string that pulls it all apart?!)

Thankfully it didn't fall apart! In fact, I later sent it to my mother, who wore it for years.

All this to say that, with my crochet experience, I was surprised to recently come across a stitch I had never heard of before: basket weave crochet. I watched this You Tube instructional video...

Then I headed upstairs to see if I had any yarn I could use to try Basket Weave Crochet. I found five skeins of thick and thin French Pengoin wool I had bought at a garage sale and gave it a try...










I love the effect! I only hope that I have enough yarn to make something useful!

If I have enough, I think it would make a nice wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment