Thursday, August 6, 2015

Phlox Season

Spring came late in our region this year - and I wondered if our whole growing season would be askew as a result. But I don't think it made any difference to the perennials.

They are blooming according to schedule ... or maybe even earlier than I remember in other years...











Now that mid-summer is here, our yard is currently "ablaze" with pink and white phlox...











Over the years, I divided larger phlox plants, with the result that I have them in almost every side of our yard.











(I haven't tried planting them on the west side, where the vines cover our fence.... I'm sure the vines would quickly grow on top of the flowers, too.)










As summer moves quickly along, I'm enjoying the cheerful blasts of color these amazing blooms provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment