Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pink Sedum - Sign of Fall


I notice that the sedum in my garden is beginning to turn pink... a sure sign of fall!












Fortunately a few other flowers are still in bloom, too...

At this time of year, my flower beds have a wild, unkempt look about them! It's been too hot to do much weeding the past month or so.

It's time to think about dividing plants that have grown too large, like this Euphorbia plant (behind the brown-eyed Susans and to the left of the pink windflowers). The Euphorbia's yellow flowers bloom in spring.








I notice that the geranium plant that blooms in spring has a flower or two again... I wonder if they bloom twice a year.










And one lowly daisy is blooming... (I appreciate late bloomers!)











This lovely mauve flower is finally blooming. (I don't know what it's called - but I love it, even though it only blooms in late summer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment