Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday Morning Fun

These days my Thursday mornings are spent in the pottery studio - this time in the hand-building room.


I have been working on heads...


And birdbaths - the rectangular one was my first. Some of the "waves" broke off when I was trimming it last week, so I added a few "branches" - with turtles climbing on them.







My second attempt is a bowl-shaped one I plan to set in the metal frame I made it in. I had to take it out while the clay is drying as clay shrinks when it dries. I'm currently drying it upside down.
 
Now that summer is here, birdbaths could be useful additions to the yard. I'm not sure where I'll put them, though. Maybe on a tree stump or even a chair - someplace where I can see them.

Playing with clay! Such a natural thing to do! (Reminiscent of the fun I had as a child, mixing soil and water to make "mud pies"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment