Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Mother

Today is Mother's Day - and I plan to walk over to see my mother.

 At 95, she is still going strong! She uses a wheelchair, as her left knee can no longer support her. And she only sees in shadows, due to macular degeneration. But her enthusiasm for life hasn't waned.

What did you do today? I usually ask when I stop in for a visit.

It was a good day, is her normal reply as she lists off the activities she participated in.

Your mother is the most active resident in the nursing home, by far, a physiotherapist recently told me. We track the number of activities residents attend - and your mother tops the list! Over 900 activity hours this past year.

I marvel at her ability to take life as it comes.




Everyone here is so kind and helpful, she often tells me. This is a good place to be if you need help.

She has no idea how happy it makes me feel to hear that.


No comments:

Post a Comment