Friday, May 9, 2014

Blogging Dialogues

One of the interesting things about blogging is that posts occasionally create conversations - at times, years after they are posted! I sometimes get immediate responses to a blog I post, such as when I needed help with a sticky knitting problem. But I'm particularly amazed when someone responds to a blog post several years after it is written!

How do they find me? Probably through a Google search.

In 2011 I wrote about a skin discoloration - or rash - on my hand. Last month I heard from someone who was experiencing a similar problem. My blog post had come up when she did a Google search.

Then last week, I received an email from someone who had seen one of my flower photos online. Google, my blog host, allows me to create this blog for free - but, in exchange, the images in my blog become part of the vast collection of Google images. The photo was from a 2010 post on gardening. She wanted to know the name of the flower in this photo as it resembled one in her garden.


It turns out they're not the same. The Golden Glow Rudbeckia in my picture is over a meter (three or four feet) tall and blooms in August, whereas the inquirer has a spring flower a third that size.




She sent me a photo of it, not yet in bloom.


In bloom it must resemble my photo above.

Does anyone know what it might be called? I'd like to help her out...

(Another blogging dialogue!)

No comments:

Post a Comment