Saturday, May 31, 2014

Franktown's Lilac Festival

The village of Franktown (near Ottawa) is known as the lilac capital of Ontario.


Every year they host a lilac festival. Terry and I had never been so this year we decided to go.


We wandered up Lilac Lane...
















(Horse-drawn wagon rides were also available.)


Opting to walk, we got closer to the lilacs...

















... and the bees!












 


Later we bought snacks and a bedding plant at the craft fair. I entered a quilt raffle. (Not sure what I'd do if I won!)








 


Wandering past lovely village homes, we admired this updated log house...








 

... with its log garage.

We can't do this too often, I told Terry, or I'll want to move into the country!

A lovely, peaceful place to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment