Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Spring Flowers

Walking through my neighborhood, I admire gardens that have a wonderful display of spring flowers.


Some neighbors have flowers blooming in their lawn...




I tried planting bulbs in the grass once, but I apparently didn't plant them deep enough. Before long I noticed that squirrels were digging them up and eating them!








Perhaps it's no co-incidence that these bulbs are surrounded by rocks, making it harder for squirrels to get to them.












There are a few spring flowers here and there in our yard...











... but I really have to hunt to find them.












 

In a big yard like ours, they get lost.


Maybe I should concentrate them in one area, like my neighbor does...



















Time to rethink my whole spring garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment