Thursday, May 15, 2014

First Flowers in Bloom


It's so nice to see flowers in bloom in our yard!

The yellow stars of the tulip tarda  are spreading across the back flower bed.










The helleborus I planted a few years ago are in bloom. I'm not sure why the front one isn't doing as well as the two on the west side of the house. All get lots of sunlight.













Also in my west side flower bed are some white hyacinth.







The scilla are doing well under the pine tree beside the carport. (I thought I had some tulip tarda planted here too, but I don't see any!)





 






The periwinkle growing near the tulip tarda is also in bloom.





The pachysandra my friend Loraine gave me last year has one small white bloom!











Two bunches of tulips are in bloom: These red ones which usually get eaten by a squirrel as soon as they bloom! A few years ago, there were three - this year there are five, so they seem to be surviving. (Oops! One has disappeared!)






Nearby these smaller variegated ones, new to my garden, are adding a dash of color. (They totally overshadow the sad-looking helleborus that isn't doing too well.)








 


There are a few daffodils in the back yard. One of my earliest spring blooms was a miniature daffodil that has since disappeared - but these are bigger.

I love watching new flowers blooming daily - without my doing anything! The joy of perennial gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment