Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Vacant Squirrel Nests

I often marveled at the squirrels' nests in this neighbor's tree. In winter when the leaves were gone, through the window I would watch the branches swaying in the wind - the nests remaining intact even in the stormiest weather. How many squirrels are in there? I'd wonder ... Snug and warm in that flimsy nest of leaves, even in the coldest weather. (About 4 years ago, I wrote about it on this blog post!)

But I recently looked up and saw... only remnants of those nests blowing in the wind.


















What happened? Does the new dog that moved in keep the squirrels away?














In any event, those nests have almost disappeared... I guess squirrels have to maintain their homes, too, or they'll fall apart! We're not the only ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment