Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Discovering My Ipod Calendar App

I bought my Ipod a few years ago, after seeing my daughter use hers to find a restaurant while we were out shopping. We stepped into a free Wi-Fi area, she googled the restaurant name, then used the map app to find out where it was in relation to where we were. All that on this tiny gizmo that slips easily into a pocket or purse. 

 












I need one of those! I decided, and ordered one online: Online they engrave your name on it for free.

I've had it for a few years, and although I don't usually take it out shopping, I use it regularly to read my emails and check the weather forecast. I often talk to my daughter using a skype-like program called Facetime, using the internet rather than a long distance phone call, because it allows us to look at each other, face to face.














Recently I've begun using another app - the calendar. I've begun storing dates like dental appointments on it. I still use the calendar in the kitchen to write appointments on - but since Terry has begun using it, too, there's a lot less room!


















With my calendar app I get an email message and an audible reminder a few hours before the event. The Ipod buzzer rings and up pops the reminder of what is happening that day. (These days I need all the reminders I can get!)

No comments:

Post a Comment