Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Concert

A few days ago I attended a Christmas concert at my mother's nursing home. It brought back memories of concerts past - when I was a child and my mother, the adult who came to see me perform. Later, going to my own children's programs...














The nursing home choir (holding blue song folders) performed for residents and visitors, but we were all invited to participate.














It was a full house! Wheelchairs and walkers filled the dining room to overflowing.


















My mother enjoyed singing the timeless favorites she knew by heart. Her eyes are bad, so she couldn't read the words, but she remembered them all! I thought I'd upload a video of her energetically singing "Jingle Bells." Oops! That didn't work! The file was apparently too big. So I'm trying "Away in a Manger." It will definitely give you a sense of the dynamics of the occasion. The lady leading the singing is the music therapist - and the young man to her right is her intern.


(I've never uploaded a video before - I hope it works!)

I had to open a You Tube account to show the video of Jingle Bells. Here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment