Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mid-August Flowers

Summer is flying by.














With this year's hot weather and abundant rain, the flowers are still doing well.














Pink phlox add an iridescent brightness to my backyard flower bed.














White phlox are still in bloom here and there.














Brown-eyed Susans dominate my front flower bed, where most other flowers have disappeared.














 The cone flowers (echinacea) are still blooming.














The tall, yellow Rudbeckia flowers are beginning to flop over and fade.














The Knautia are still doing fine, though they don't make the dramatic statement some other flowers do!














 Like the golden rod...














... and Heliopsis.














I'm puzzled by this (new?) tall plant. Is it one of the wild flowers I bought a year ago? Is it in bud? Or getting ready to seed?














There is one flower in the backyard that is just beginning to bloom - the mauve spear-shaped flowers mixed in with the phlox.













Sedum is turning pink and attracting bees.


















Every fall I add more flowers along the curb. The ones I planted last year are thriving - and hopefully will fill out next year.














I love this season of the year. Everywhere I look - some flowers are in bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment