Thursday, August 22, 2013

Baseball Kindness

I don't attend a lot of baseball games, but Terry loves baseball - so he was excited at the prospect of seeing as many games as possible while we were in Pennsylvania.














We watched our first game in Harrisburg. Sitting in the stands, we met a few local fans and started talking. Terry told them we were visitors from Canada.














Halfway through the game, an older gentleman Terry had been chatting with suddenly got up. Ten minutes later he returned - with gifts for both of us: souvenir hats of the Harrisburg Senators!














Our second game was a few nights later in Scranton.














We watched the game in their new stadium.














Time flew - and before we realized it, we had missed our shuttle back to the hotel.














I hunted for a pay phone to call a taxi.














When I couldn't find one, I asked one of the young women who worked at the stadium if I could use an in-house phone.














When she realized my predicament - and that a taxi probably wouldn't make it through the traffic jam at the end of the game - she had some friends give us a ride to our hotel!


















All that left me wondering: Are baseball people that kind all over? Or just in Pennsylvania?!

No comments:

Post a Comment