Wednesday, August 7, 2013

London Traffic

London is a city with lots of traffic. The biggest challenge for me as a North American was knowing which way to look before crossing the street. Vehicles would often be approaching from the opposite direction than I instinctively looked!














Look right! I constantly reminded myself... (Traffic drives on the left side of the street!) ... But my brain insisted on looking left first - then right - then left again!














Then there would be one-way streets where traffic could come from either direction!


















Another surprising thing to me was how cyclists - often without helmets - drove fearlessly in the middle of the road, followed a few inches behind by cars, trucks (lorries)... and large double-decker buses!














They didn't seem to mind traffic being sandwiched between fast-moving vehicles! Sometimes I would just stand on the sidewalk - in amazement - and watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment