Friday, August 9, 2013

Couldn't Help But Take a Picture!

I love to travel... to see new things!


















Here are a few I just had to take pictures of during my recent holiday in Britain!














Like the front of a bus... with the driver's seat on the right!


















I did a double-take when I walked under this sign ... a load hanging from a hoist!!














These two dogs made me smile. The one made of boxes...


















... and the one standing overhead on the side of a wall!














Here are some confusing signs... Not sure what kind of doctor has a museum practice!














Diversion? We would say "detour"...














We noticed stores you would never see back home: Not many "breeches makers" in Canada these days.














And here's a shop that sells brushes - mostly shaving brushes! (My father used them... a long time ago!)

Hotel bathrooms can pose an interesting challenge when you're traveling...














Couldn't figure out how to work the shower in this bathtub... Discovered through trial and error that turning the left "handlebar" towards the tub pours very hot water into the tub. What about cold water? The right "handlebar" doesn't turn... I finally discovered that pushing the button you may notice on the right "handlebar" adds 50% cold water to the hot... And turning the left "handlebar" towards you makes the water come through the shower!














The other challenges of this upscale bathtub are that the sides are very high to step into...A person with short legs might not be able to do it! Not sure that you can see that the tub angles down... (Could that be a safety concern?) The tub is also much narrower than North American tubs. A not-so-thin person could get stuck! (How do I know? Let's just say I speak from personal experience! It wasn't pleasant!)














Another bathroom we encountered had a sink that was puzzling. I turned on the hot water. Too hot!














So I added cold...

I love to experience the new - but it's always wonderful to be home again, where things may not be perfect, but we know how they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment