Monday, August 26, 2013

Do I Need This Stash?!!

You can never have too much fabric, I recently heard a young quilter say. (With a room full of quilting stuff upstairs, I'm not sure I agree!)

I sit here musing about my other passion - knitting! Is it possible to have too much yarn?! 

Why this reverie?


















Today I went to a "warehouse sale" at one of my favorite yarn stores, and... I couldn't resist buying half a dozen bulk bags of yarn!














I do have a project in mind - an striped afghan inspired by an "Amish Country" beanie kit I bought during my last trip to Pennsylvania. Stripes of black, blue, purple and possibly pink.














As I grabbed bags of this and that, I looked over at a shopper whose basket was even fuller than mine.

I shouldn't have come... she muttered, piling more into her basket. I nodded and smiled. It's hard to think of knitting now. But when the snows fall, as they inevitably will, I'm sure we'll both be glad we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment