Saturday, April 21, 2012

Very Flexible Cookies!

The best cookies are... flexible.

When Natalie forwarded me an Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip cookie recipe, I decided to try them. The only problem was I had no dried cranberries...
Why not substitute RAISINS? So I did...
But I didn't have quite a cup, so I added WALNUTS!
And a sprinkle or two of cinnamon...














And they were delicious! I especially liked the fact that they didn't sprawl when baking, but stayed in tidy mounds where I had dropped them.














So here it is - my recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Mix together
  • 2/3 cup (160 ml) butter (Yes, I used butter!)
  • 2/3 cup (160 ml) sugar (I used 1/3 cup / 80 ml white sugar PLUS 1/3 cup / 80 ml brown sugar)
  • 2 large eggs
Add
  • 1 1/2 cups (340 ml) oats (I used minute oats)
  • 1 1/2 cups (340 ml) flour (I used spelt)
  • 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) of cinnamon (optional)
Then add
  • 1 cup (225 ml) of chocolate chips
  • 1 cup (225 ml) of cranberries (or raisins or chopped walnuts or any combination of dried fruit and nuts*)

Drop mounded spoonfuls on UNGREASED cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.

Delicious!

*Next time I plan to try other types of dried fruit, like dried apricots cut in small pieces. This recipe is really delicious and really flexible.

1 comment:

  1. These cookies were delicious! I reckon you should walk me through the black bottom recipe, you're far better at baking. Thanks for the tips, though!

    ReplyDelete