Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chocolate (Tofu) Pudding

It's one of the easiest things I've ever made! Chocolate pudding - or pie filling -made with chocolate chips and soft (silken) tofu.














I measured 1 1/3 cups of chocolate chips into a large glass mixing bowl. Added a teaspoon of cocoa, a teaspoon of vanilla and two tablespoons of milk.

I microwaved this for a minute on high. After testing to see that the chocolate chips were soft, I dumped in a 300-gram package of silken tofu...














... and blended it all together.














Then I poured it into two plastic containers to chill in the fridge overnight.














Yield: about 2 1/2 cups

(The recipe - forwarded to me by my cousin Rose-Marie - comes from a dessert blog written by Chocolate-Covered Katie. Katie suggests pouring the mixture into a pre-baked pie crust and chilling it in the fridge for a while. I would double the recipe to make a pie.)

But this whole (easy) process has me wondering what other kinds of "pudding" I can make with soft tofu... Perhaps blend in some berries or other fruit... I really must experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment