Monday, April 30, 2012

Outdoor Art in Toronto

My drawing course has made me more aware of "art" all around me.














Recently in Toronto, I photographed some "street art": chairs... in the shape of hands...


















... and interesting reflections...














... in windows.














Painting pictures on buildings is an old tradition... (I've seen old decorated buildings like this in Germany.)... I suppose store billboards, like those under the painting above, are street art too!


















Toronto has its share of art-decorated buildings, like this one outside a kitchenware store.


















Tasteful paintings on walls make streets more vibrant...


















(though it's possible to pass by without paying much attention).


















Statues are harder to ignore. They also add an interesting atmosphere... The street never seems "deserted" with statues of people around!














This one reminds me of a giant dog!


















Not surprisingly, one of my favorite kinds of street art is potted plants!













Flowers always have the knack of brightening my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment