Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More About an Old Ottawa House...

Not long ago, I photographed an interesting-looking house in a part of town I had never visited before...


















I didn't pay much attention to the red part protruding over the driveway.

A few days later I was surprised to discover a newspaper article about the house - which was built in 1874 and has recently been renovated. The red part added on the back is the topic of the article.

I also discovered from the article (linked above) that the house narrowly escaped destruction in the famous Ottawa fire in the year 1900 and that razed houses at the bottom of the hill...


















The article says that the monks in the nearby monastery prayed for their building - and it and this one nearby were merely singed.

No comments:

Post a Comment