Friday, April 27, 2012

Enjoying Exhibits at the Shenkman Arts Centre

The city of Ottawa has art galleries in many public buildings.


















Recently Terry and I drove across town to the Shenkman Arts Centre...















 ... to see an exhibit of botanical drawings by local artists.














We discovered a number of other exhibits as well.














I was particularly impressed by these giant portraits...














 I'm not sure if they were done by a local artist...














But the detail was amazing... even though the paint had been applied in thick gobs!


















Eventually we found the botanical drawings...














The three above are among my favorites: leeks, asparagus, and leaves.

There is a difference between Terry and me when we find a painting we really like: I am inspired to learn how to paint like that; Terry simply wants to purchase the painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment